Monday, June 2, 2008

My Reading Blog 2008 (Constantly Updated)

I get into ruts. Sometimes the rut is baking cookies: I bake cookies every day for a week or two. Sometimes it's watching TV. Well, it's TV on DVD since I don't get reception, I don't pay for cable, and the dish attached to my house was blown off in a major wind storm (not that I paid for dish either). The DVD's get me into more of a rut because I'll watch one season of M*A*S*H in just one day.

The current, ongoing, never seeming to stop, has my husband utterly frustrated rut has been reading. Not just reading, but reading mostly YA books. They are the ones that have helped me wind down the most recently. Other book genres have snuck in, but not many. Also, I've been reading aloud The Chronicles of Narnia to my kids to help THEM wind down at night, though that stopped when I caught a cold In February and hasn't started again.

I thought I would keep track of all the books I've read this year. If this rut continues I might hit 52 books this year before Kristina (Monday, fiveawesomegirls). Here's my list so far:

Books I have read so far in 2008

January (3)
To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
Deenie by Judy Blume
Looking for Alaska by John Green

February (11)
Wedding Ring by Emilie Richards
Iggie’s House by Judy Blume
It’s Not the End of the World by Judy Blume
Then Again, Maybe I Won’t by Judy Blume
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
The Outsiders by SE Hinton
13 Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
The Mysterious Edge of the Heroic World by E.L. Konigsburg
Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
The Outcasts of 19 Shuyler Place by E.L. Konigsburg
Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause

March (10)

Jefferson’s Children by Shannon Lanier and Jennifer Feldman
The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt
Slaughterhouse-5 by Kurt Vonnegut
Peeps by Scott Westerfeld
The Last Days by Scott Westerfeld
Eragon by Christopher Paolini
That Was Then, This Is Now by SE Hinton
Tex by SE Hinton
Eldest by Christopher Paolini
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (only the second time I've read it!)

May (11)
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares
Girls in Pants: The Third Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares
Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares
The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman
The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
Specials by Scott Westerfeld
Extras by Scott Westerfeld

June (13)
Killer Pancakes by Diane Mott Davidson
Dying for Chocolate by Diane Mott Davidson
The Main Corpse by Diane Mott Davidson
Sticks and Scones by Diane Mott Davidson
The Cereal Murders by Diane Mott Davidson
Chopping Spree by Diane Mott Davidson
Catering to Nobody by Diane Mott Davidson
The Last Suppers by Diane Mott Davidson
Prime Cut by Diane Mott Davidson
Tough Cookie by Diane Mott Davidson
Double Shot by Diane Mott Davidson
Dark Tort by Diane Mott Davidson
Sweet Revenge by Diane Mott Davidson

July (7)
The Grilling Season by Diane Mott Davidson
Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson
Austenland by Shannon Hale
Devilish by Maureen Johnson
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

August (7)
The Key to the Golden Firebird by Maureen Johnson
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident by Eoin Colfer
Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer
Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception by Eoin Colfer
Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer
Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson

September(5)
The Lost World by Michael Crichton
Memory by Philippe Grimbert
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne

October (3)
Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
Paper Towns by John Green
The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton

November (1)
Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke

Total Books for the year: 71
Re-reads: 9
New Reads: 62

Chapter Books I’ve read to my kids in 2008

January (2)
The Horse and His Boy by CS Lewis
Prince Caspian by CS Lewis