Monday, January 25, 2016

Jumping Back On the Reading Bandwagon.

After my year-long book fast, I'm surprised to find I'm not snarfing down books like a book-deprived, story-starved fiend. Then again, I also haven't abandoned the practice completely. I've been mentally listing a few books I want to read, but first I have a series to finish. Here's to 2016 and new worlds and new information.

January (3)
Physik (Septimus Heap #3) by Angie Sage
Queste (Septimus Heap #4) by Angie Sage
Syren (Septimus Heap #5) by Angie Sage

February (3)
Darke (Septimus Heap #6) by Angie Sage
Fyre (Septimus Heap #7) by Angie Sage
The Maze Runner by James Dashner

March (1)
The Hunger Games* by Suzanne Collins

May (2)
Catching Fire* by Suzanne Collins
Mockingjay* by Suzanne Collins

June (1)
Vivatera* by Candace J. Thomas

July (1)
Conjectrix* by Candace J. Thomas

August (3)
Time for Andrew: A Ghost Story* by Mary Downing Hahn
The Midwife's Apprentice* by Karen Cushman
Meet Kit: An American Girl 1934* by Valerie Tripp

September (5)
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane* by Kate DiCamillo
The Wednesday Wars* by Gary D. Schmidt
The Tale of Desperaux* by Kate DiCamillo
The Phantom Tollbooth* by Norman Juster
Maniac Magee* by Jerry Spinelli

October (2)
Five Pages a Day: A Writer's Journey by Peg Kehret
I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

Total for the year: 21
Re-reads: 4
New Reads: 17
*book resides in my personal library