Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Reading ... One book at a time in 2017

Let's just say reading hasn't been high on my list of priorities.  There's been other activities like work, knitting and ... TV (there's been a lot of good TV lately). I'm starting off the year with a book that's been on my list for more than a few years, ever since I saw Ken Burn's The War.  Now that I've actually finished a book, the reading trend may continue ... or it may not. I'm hopeful. Summer is around the corner.

May (1)
With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa by E.B. Sledge

June (8)
Helmet for my Pillow: From Parris Island to the Pacific by Robert Leckie
The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore
The Fall of Five by Pittacus Lore
The Revenge of Seven by Pittacus Lore
The Fate of Ten by Pittacus Lore
United as One by Pittacus Lore
Dangerous by Shannon Hale

July (10)
The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel
Inferno by Dan Brown
An Assembly Such as This by Pamela Aidan
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige
Yellow Brick War by Danielle Paige
The End of Oz by Danielle Paige
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
Duty and Desire by Pamela Aidan
These Three Remain by Pamela Aidan

August (3)
Pride and Predjudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith
Wonder* by R.J. Palacio
Anansi Boys* by Neil Gaiman

September (2)
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Into the Water by Pamela Hawkins

November (1)
Took by Mary Downing Hahn

Total for the year: 25
Re-reads: 0
New Reads: 25
*book resides in my personal library